Tender Baked Chicken Liver Rumaki
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 lb bacon (your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- Wash and trim chicken livers; cut each in half. Cut bacon strips in half and precook strips halfway. This is important since otherwise they would not finish cooking in a timely manner when baked. Be sure not to cook the bacon till it is crispy or it will not wrap around the livers properly.
- Wrap one bacon strip around each liver half. Some people also include a water chestnut half with the liver, but I do not.
- Fasten bacon around liver with a toothpick.
- In a bowl or large plastic storage bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar and bourbon, if used. Add the prepared rumaki and cover the bowl or seal the bag. Allow to marinate for 6 to 8 hours or two hours at the least. Drain well.
- Arrange rumaki on a baking sheet with sides. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1/2 hour or until cooked as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been craving rumaki lately so I decided to make my own. I liked that these were baked, not broiled or fried, as those tend to turn out really dry. I only marinated for about 2 hours, as I was hungry ;) but these turned out delicious! Not dry at all, with lots of flavor. I did use the water chestnuts, as I like the crunch. Thanks for the wonderful recipe :)