Marinated Wild Duck Rumaki
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 -10 wild duck breasts, skinned and rinsed
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (optional) or 1/4 cup Bourbon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (to taste)
- citrus-based dipping sauce
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the duck breasts into pieces that are about 1/2" x 1/2" x 1-1/2". Place in marinade overnight in the fridge (ziploc works great).
- Cut the bacon in half so that you get twice as many short pieces. Fry until half-way cooked. This is necessary if you want the bacon to be equally cooked as the duck, otherwise the fatty part will be mostly uncooked and too chewy.
- After marinading overnight, drain the duck. Wrap each piece of duck with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick (make sure it goes completely through).
- Place wrapped pieces on a foil-lined cookie sheet that has sides. You can put quite a few on a sheet and they will still cook well.
- Bake at 325ºF for 30 minutes or until the duck and bacon are done.
- Serve with a tangy, slightly spicy-hot lemon, orange or apricot dipping sauce, like LeAnn Chin's Lemon Chicken Sauce or Panda Express Orange Sauce. Be sure to serve with sauce!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!