- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread crumbs, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, minced garlic (if using) and salt.
- Add ground chuck and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Add a little more of the enchilada sauce, a tablespoon at a time, if it's not holding together good.
- Meatballs can be made in advance up to the point and refrigerated; allow to come to room temperature before baking.
- Bake uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, stir together tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce and heat gently until heated through.
- Transfer cooked meatballs to chafing dish or crockpot.
- Pour sauce over and top with cheese.
- Keep warm over low heat and serve with toothpicks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really loved the taste of these meatballs and the idea of using enchilada/tomato sauce to cover them in a chafing dish. The only problem was that the meatballs fell apart after cooking them. I think next time I will add some grated cheese and a bit more cornbread to the meatballs to help hold them together. I will definitely try them again. Made for the Tailgating tag, September, 2011.