Sweet Nutty Brie
From Joan of Arc; posted for ZWT 5. I have made this before and it is decadent!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 14 ounces brie round (small wheel)
- crackers or baguette, slices
- fresh fruit (i.e. apple or pear slices)
- Combine nuts, brown sugar and butter into small saucepan.
- Heat until sugar and butter are melted.
- Place brie round into a shallow, round baking dish.
- Pour nut mixture over and bake at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers, baguette slices or fruit.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love baked brie and this recipe is certainly no exception. Awesome recipe alligirl, quick,easy to make, with few ingredients. Resulting in a spectular treat, which I enjoyed today for lunch. I scaled down for one person and baked in the oven. I used half a small double cream brie and Ace Sesame Mini Baguette Crisps. Sooo good. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for 2010 Favorites :)
This one's killer! I made this just for myself so simplified a little. I cut the recipe down to one serving, then rather than bake the brie, I took a small chunk at a time and microwaved it on the defrost setting just until it started to melt a bit, then spooned on some of the topping and ate it with crackers. For the topping I toasted the nuts in the butter then added the brown sugar. What an amazing treat, this is rich and delicious! Thank alli for another great recipe! Made for PRMRT