Sweet Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
My favorite way of serving brie. I use a pretty fabric ribbon (must be fabric) to tie pastry with a pretty bow, before baking. Comes out fine and doesn't burn in the oven. Serve fruit on the side. I also make it with any flavor of jam. Blueberry strawberry or mixed fruit. For a shiny surface, brush pastry with an egg wash or brush with milk or cream...DIVINE!
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 ounces brie round
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed berries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Roll out defrosted pastry slightly.
- Shave top crust off of brie.
- Cook fruit with sugar and cornstarch mixed with a little bit of water to make a slurry, until thickened.
- Spray pan with pam and top with parchment paper. I use a pie plate. Place pastry on parchment and spread a little fruit on center of pastry just where brie will be. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place brie on top and spread a little more fruit on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pull points up to meet and scrunch together, folding pastry around brie, like a pretty gift. Brush with egg wash or milk.
- Tie around center with a pretty fabric ribbon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand for about 10 or 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with extra warm fruit on the side.