Sweet Banana Dollars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1 cup ground pecans or 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 lb unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the yogurt and almond extract. Set aside.
- Place the ground nuts and shredded coconut in separate shallow bowls.
- One at a time dip the banana slices into the yogurt, then roll them in either nuts or coconut.
- Place slices in a pan, cover, and freeze for at least 10 minutes before serving. If not eating immediately, transfer to plastic bags and keep in the freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?"
Join The Conversation
My kids enjoyed these very much. I used a vanilla yogurt and drizzled a bit of melted chocolate on them to make the look prettier. I did toast the coconut first, just a personal preference. I wish I had a pic to post, but I didn't have my camera with me. I will make them again! Thank you for posting!
What a great idea & such an easy quick-fix treat to put together & store for ready use! I used vanilla flavored yogurt because I had it on hand & skipped the almond extract. I made your versions using pecans for the nuts + a 3rd version using chopped choc sprinkles. I do not have little ones around, but these are tasty, pretty & satisfied my DH & his sweet-tooth w/o a sinful indulgence. He had to have 1 of each as a serving. :-)