Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Cubes
This recipe is from the American Heart Association. It is really good with Calypso Rice. DH and DD really love it. I get lots of requests for this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh is best
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 habaneros or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Brown pork cubes for 6 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and garlic, lower heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, lower heat and cook, covered, over low heat for 40 or 50 minutes till pork is tender.
- Uncover pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until juices have reduced to a thick glaze.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What wonderful flavors! I only had to simmer the pork cubes for 25 minutes, but that might be due to the size of the cubes. I loved the combination of lime juice, brown sugar and peppers. Next time, I'm going to use two jalapenos and more lime juice for a hotter/tangier taste, but we like all of our food really spicy. I'm glad I tried this terrific recipe.