Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons fat
- In a saucepan, combine the water, beans, salt, pepper, bay leaf and cloves.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes less than package directions.
- Drain and add the sugar, vinegar and butter or fat.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Join The Conversation