Super Easy Tortilla Soup
A really easy and affordable quick meal that leaves lots of room for individual creativity. This is a big hit with my singer friends when they are sick. Its like a spicy chicken soup. You can also leave out the cheese and chips if you are trying for something light...
- Ready In:
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chicken and wild rice soup (I prefer Progresso)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Pour soup and tomatoes into a stockpot and warm over medium heat.
- To serve, top with chips and cheese.
- I make this with a number of possible variations-- some good additions are: shredded cooked chicken thighs or breasts, sour cream, black beans, black olives, a can of mexi-corn, sliced avocados, other varieties of cheese, chopped green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great soup. I would prefer this over the traditional chicken soup any day. I couldn't find a can of diced tomatoes with mild green chilis so I used a can of peeled tomatoes and added half a cup of jalapenos instead. Thes result was a pleasantly spicy soup that would be great on a cold fall/winter day. I made mine using all generic ingredients and it was still delicious so this shoot straight to the top of my inexpensive meals favorites.Reply