photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Johnsonville Original Recipe Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- salsa (optional) or picante sauce (optional)
- Arrange sausages on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes, turning links once or until sausage is cooked through and lightly browned; drained.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 –inch coins.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Add sausage, hash browns, cheese, bell pepper and onions.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered at 350ºF for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We got this recipe at a BGE Eggfest. We love this and it’s so good grilled! A hit with company. When it’s just us, I cut it in half. Baked on the BGE (Grill) 300 – 350 degrees indirect and raised for about 60 minutes, until set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa or picante sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Made with only premium cuts of pork and the perfect blend of spices, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the perfect ingredient for your favorite dishes.</p> <p>This is a sponsored profile.</p>