Sugarless Swedish Rice Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup rice (uncooked, not instant)
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Boil 1 1/3 cup of water. Add rice, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, lightly beat egg whites and egg.
- Add Splenda and beat.
- Add the milk, vanilla and almond flavors and beat until well mixed.
- Add the rice and stir until soupy.
- Lighty sprinkle with cinnamon to top.
- Bake at 350 in a water bath for 1 1/2 hours or until it is mostly firm.
- Traditionally served with Lingonberries, cranberry relish can be substituted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking for my family, and really like to cook while at work for my co-workers at the nuclear power plant. At work I use a roaster oven to do most of my cooking and am always looking for new recipes to try in the roaster.