photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 3 -9 ounces zucchini, each cut lengthwise and hollowed out
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil, add ground turkey. When browned, add remaining ingredients.
- Stir till cheese is melted.
- Mound on top of cut zucchini and sprinkle grated cheese on top of each stuffed zucchini.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! This is the first time I did not precook zucchini before stuffing it. The squash was crispy tender, bright green and not bitter from overcooking. The stuffing had a delightful combination of flavors and colors. I made the recipe as directed using 4 - 7 oz squashes and baked them for 25 minutes. Great recipe!