Stuffed Tomatoes With Goat Cheese, Olives, and Oregano
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 6 tomatoes, 1/8 inch sliced off stem end, cored, and seeded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup coarse unseasoned bread crumbs (preferably homemade)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons black olives, pitted and chopped
- Sprinkle inside of each tomato with salt and place upside down on several layers of paper toweling; let stand to remove excess moisture, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon olive oil, goat cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, olives, and pepper to taste in small bowl; set aside. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees; line bottom of 9 by 13-inch baking dish with foil.
- Roll up several sheets of paper towels and pat inside of each tomato dry. Arrange tomatoes in single layer in baking dish. Brush top cut edges of tomatoes with 1 teaspoon oil. Mound stuffing into tomatoes (about 1/4 cup per tomato); drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until tops are golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION