Stuffed Quail With Crawfish Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 whole quail, raw, semi-boneless
- 1⁄2 cup fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped with tops
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled and pre-cooked
- 1 cup cracker meal (or crushed crackers)
- 2 eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can bing cherries, for sauce (optional)
- Rub quail with the rosemary, black pepper, and salt (and Tony Chachere’s, if preferred).
- Prepare stuffing by sautéing remaining vegetables and basil in butter until tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine sautéed vegetables with cracker meal, crawfish, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Stuff quail liberally and bake in 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until done. Don’t overcook.
- Baste with butter once while cooking.
- Place cooked quail on bed of brown or wild rice. Cherry sauce is optional.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Retired world traveler. I have collected recipes from many of the places I have been. Not the recipes from the local 5 star restaraunts but the cuisine that the REAL people eat! Lots of interesting stuff out there people eat! Love to try out those recipes I have collected now that I have the time. Only problem is finding the original ingredients. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">