photo by jessymroberts
- Ready In:
- 6 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups kellogg's seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse and clean mushrooms, removing the stems. Chop stems and set aside.
- Saute mushroom caps in 2 T of oil for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened. Blot mushrooms on paper towels and remove excess oil from pan.
- Saute mushroom stems in garlic and butter for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Place stuffing mix in a mixing bowl and add chicken stock mixture.
- Add parsley and toss gently.
- Arrange mushroom caps stem side up in a shallow pan. Fill mushrooms with stuffing mix.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It doesn't get better than these mushrooms. Not only are they really easy to put together, they look fabulous and tasted fabulous too! I only used med. mushrooms and still only made 6, so I had some leftover stuffing (which we ate out of the pan). You could probably add onions or peppers or parm to these and they'd be great, although they are great just the way they are. Thanks Lainey I will be making these again and again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!