Strawberry Chocolate Tiramisu
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 12 ounces frozen non-dairy topping, thawed (I use fat free)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers (ladyfinger sponge cakes)
- 6 tablespoons no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, shaved
- In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, sugar, and chocolate syrup, until mixture is light and fluffy. This can be done with a mixer or a wooden spoon (I use a spoon). Gently stir in the whipped topping, being careful not to deflate it too much.
- Place one half of the ladyfinger halves on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, tearing some to cover the bottom of the pan as much as possible (you may have one or two leftover).
- Brush half the strawberry preserves over the ladyfingers. You may need to microwave the preserve briefly to loosen it up & make it easier to brush.
- Top the ladyfingers with half the strawberry slices then spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the berries. Repeat layers, brushing ladyfingers with preserves, topping with strawberries, and ending with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a degree in archaeology from a small Ohio college and I work for the Ohio History Connection. My passions are art, music, books, food, history, and cats/animal welfare. I also love photography. I have a 1,000 (plus) piece collection of vintage flower pins from the 1960's, hence the username ha. I also have small collections of vintage butterfly pins, vintage tablecloths, and vintage glass Christmas ornaments. (Can you tell I love vintage?) I took a trip to the Netherlands in March 2006 and fell in love! I doubt it will happen but if I ever have the opportunity I would love to live there.