Steamed Sweet Potatoes & Yellow Squash W. Honey Sage Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I came up with this as an entry into the Ready Set Cook summer 2004 contest.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb sweet potato, peeled,and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 1⁄4 lb yellow squash, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1⁄4 lb new potato
- 1 ounce lemon juice (to add to water for steaming)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed dried coriander
- Steam sweet potatoes, snow peas, yellow squash and new potatoes over boiling water (to which the 1 ounce lemon juice has been added) until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While steaming veggies, combine ingredients for dressing in a large bowl.
- Toss steamed veggies with dressing.
- Serve either warm or slightly chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION