Strawberries in Raspberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries or 10 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and halved
- In a blender or food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the raspberries, salt, and vanilla. Puree until smooth. Pass the puree through a fine strainer into a bowl, pressing down on the pulp to get every bit of the juice. Taste as you stir in sugar, one teaspoon at a time.
- Set aside 6 whole strawberries for garnishes. Fold the raspberry sauce into the remaining berries.
- Serve right away or hold up to an hour. Spoon into bowls and enjoy at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!