BBQ Chicken Thigh Roll in White Wine Pasta Sauce (Chicken Bragjo
photo by Hank- BT
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 10 -12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 large garlic cloves, mashed and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- toothpick, to hold roll together
- Combine eggs, parsley, garlic, cheese, bread crumbs in mixing bowl and mash together.
- Flatten/thin out one chicken thigh and place one 1/2 peice of bacon on top and scoop a teaspoon of the above mixture and place on top of the bacon. Roll up and insert 2 tooth pics to keep the rolled up chicken thigh together. Repeat for all chicken thighs.
- BBQ the chicken thighs on high, rotating to brown all sides, be careful not to burn, once browned turn BBQ to low and let cook for 10 minute and rotate as required.
- Add 2 table spoons of olive oil in a large high sided frying pan and gently fry up onions until soft but not brown.
- Add wine, chicken broth and any leftover filling mixture to pan of onions, simmer with lid on for 5 minutes.
- Add romano or parmesan cheese to thicken sauce up and simer for 10 more minutes (add fresh crushed pepper to taste). If you like lots of sauce you can add more of chicken broth. Add the BBQ chicken to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil up enough spaghetti for 4-6 people.
- Serve spaghetti with sauce on top and chicken roll on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!