Stove Top Smoker Smoked Salmon Gone to Heaven
- Ready In:
- 2 smoked salmon steaks or 2 smoked salmon fillets, 1 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned and sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 cups)
- kosher salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans or (19 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or 4 tablespoons thin sliced scallions
- Smoke the salmon steaks over medium heat, using alder, cherry or maple using your stove top smoker. (see related recipe).
- While the salmon is smoking, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is foaming.
- Stir in the leeks, season them lightly with salt and cook, stirring until they are wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Gently stir in the beans, toss a few times, and pour in the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, adjust the heat to simmering and simmer, uncovered, until there is enough syrupy liquid left to generously coat the beans, about 8 minutes.
- If the salmon is done to your likeness before the beans are ready, remove the smoker from the heat and open the top an inch or two.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a very small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Scatter the garlic over the oil and cook, shaking the pan, until it is a very pale golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove immediately from the heat and stir in the parsley, then stir the whole thing into the beans.
- Taste the beans and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the beans between two warm shallow bowls.
- Top each with a piece of salmon and serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graphic artist, living in beautiful Fort Worth, TX. Next to my love of music, cooking and trying new recipes, I am involved in animal rescue. I currently have 2 rescued Brussels Griffons, 2 foster Griffs and 3 funny parrots. I maintain a store on Cafe Press to raise funds to pay for vet bills for our rescued Brussels Griffons. Please visit our store at http://cafepress.com/griffy_rescue or our main rescue site at http://brusselsgriffonrescue.org <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hklogosm.jpg"> ZWT5 was my first, and I loved it. We had a great team. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkban.jpg"> My current ZWT5 team banner for the first leg. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/HKBIKE2.jpg"> We started out nice! A Hell's Kitchen Angel's graphic I made for our second leg. Things started to heat up! <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkbanknives.jpg"> By the end, we were HOT! The banner for our last leg with all our team members! What a blast! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg">