Steamed Oriental Vegetables
photo by NormCooks
- Ready In:
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 cup frozen leaf spinach
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese pea pod
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 slice Louis Rich turkey bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Extra Spicy
- Wash all vegetables. Slice or chop as noted on ingredient list. Slice onions into rings.
- Fill saucepan 1/2 full with water. Add 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Original Blend, to water.
- Add vegetables to steamer insert in same order as shown on ingredients list (not all vegetables cook at the same rate. When steaming, slower cooking vegetable always go in the bottom of the steamer insert).
- Moisten veggies by pouring one cup of water over them, then sprinkle with 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Original Blend, and 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix, Extra Spicy.
- Bring water to a boil on High, then reduce heat to Medium High. Steam for about 20 minutes. Veggies are done when fork-tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I cook for fun and passion. I love to dazzle my wife (whom I met online in 1999) with new flavors and culinary surprises. I like simple recipes with limited steps and common ingredients which produce surpisingly delicious taste treats. I only post recipes I have written and cooked myself. Our Star Trek Club is known for frequent gatherings throughout Central Florida with great food always on hand.