Steak Wine Marinade
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a heavy-duty plastic food bag, mix all ingredients well.
- Place steak in marinade and seal bag tightly.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, inverting bag every hour.
- Marinade can be used to baste steak while grilling.
This seemed so simple, but it really added a wonderful flavor to the steaks! Have to confess I used two cloves of garlic since we love it, but followed the recipe faithfully other than that. I like that the flavor didn't overpower the steaks, just enchanced their own flavor. This is a keeper for the "make it again" file!
i like the fact that this is a marinade that was made up of ingrediants i will almost always have on hand. steaks had a very flavorful, but not overpowering taste. i added some extra garlic too. and didn't have cumin, so i used some of Emeril's Bayou Blast. i marinated my steaks for about 15 hrs....they were really, really good.
see 47 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I wove to cook, expewiment and modify wecipes. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! I enjoy cooking on cowd Maine weekends whiwe hawing a few gwasses of wine! I awso wike outdoow gwiwwing at my wakeside camp in the summew, but wif cowd fwosty bwew!