Spinach Tomato and Feta Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 nuggets frozen spinach, thawed, prepared according to package directions and well drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, pricked with a toothpick
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place pie shell on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet on medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent. Cool and distribute evenly over pie shell.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and half the salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the cheddar cheese, spinach, and basil, and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove quiche from oven and reduce heat to 375°F Place tomatoes on baking tray with quiche and return to oven. Bake for 30 minutes until quiche is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let rest 5 minutes before cutting into 8 slices and top each with a few roasted tomatoes and crumbled feta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!