Spinach Salad With Raspberry Yogurt Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberries or 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 4 -6 cups fresh spinach, washed, drained and trimmed
- 2 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 -6 red onion rings
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (optional)
- Carefully combine yogurt, raspberries, milk and mint in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine spinach, mushrooms and sesame seeds in medium bowl; mix well.
- Arrange spinach evenly on 2 seperate salad plates; top with red onion rings. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with bacon, if desired.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recently converted pescetarian after watching the movie 'Fast Food Nation.' That's not entirely true, I will eat meat but only if it comes from my boyfriend's cattle farm, someone shoots it during hunting season or it's a pig that's been thrown on the smoker at a pig roast. I know how it was processed so I'm not afraid to eat it. I am also a bartender at a fine dining restaurant in Duncannon, PA - Micheal's Cafe. It's the best food by far that you will get in the area. I am a proud mom of an 8-year-old son that is the apple of my eye. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">