Spinach and Turkey Pie
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (16 ounce) packages of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 12 ounces feta cheese (I use fat-free)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 sheets phyllo dough or 1 package pastry dough
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over high heat.
- Add onion.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until almost tender.
- Add turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, pepper flakes and olives.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, eggs, and oregano.
- Place 1/2 dough in baking pan.
- Spread spinach mixture on top.
- Top with the other 1/2 dough.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until browned.
- About 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the main cook in our household of myself, my hubby, two kids and two pugs. When I first found this site, I was searching for tried and true recipes to spice up our weekly dinner. This site is my favorite recipe site. I don't like to waste ingredients or time trying a recipe that may not turn out, so I love reading the reviews first before trying a recipe. Like most cooks, I had a lot of magazine and newspaper recipe clippings everywhere. I moved them to a kitchen drawer and then to a binder to try and keep them together. Now, I just go to my personal cookbook at Recipezaar and I am ready to rock 'n roll!