Spicy Strawberry Spinach Salad
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 4 cups spinach, washed and drained
- 2 fresh green shallots, chopped
- 1 cup blood orange
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper, chopped
- salt & pepper (optional)
- smoked gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- To prepare dressing; combine oil, honey, orange juice concentrate and white
- wine together - whisk until smooth, then add peppers. Let set 15 minutes.
- Put all salad ingredients in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve topped with cheese cubes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made just one change when making this recipe ~ I used just a large dash of cayenne, & that gave it enough heat for the two of us! Loved the combo of flavors & since I'm one of those who like the dressing served on the side, that's just how I did it so that each of us could have as much or as little as we liked! A very nice keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
This was a great salad, we enjoyed all the different flavours and the textures in it. Loved the addition of the gouda cheese in this salad. All the flavours complimented one another perfectly. The dressing was very tasty, we especially enjoyed the spicy sweetness, which worked well with the salad. A good use of contest ingredients. Good Luck
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">