Spicy Southwestern Clam Chowder
photo by Leahferne
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 13 ounces linguica sausage, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, juice reserved
- Heat oil in a large stock pot.
- Add onions and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the linguica and saute 5 more minutes more.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the clams and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes till the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add the baby clams and cook 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy cooking a lot. As well as entertaining and organizing pot lucks for events and get togethers. I like to try new recipes especially those of other cultures. On top of that I like to draw/paint and read. I am a movie fan and love animals. <br /> <br />Cooking with plastic or aluminum is a major no no in my home where our motto is A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. <br /> <br />Thank you for visiting my page.</p>