Smoky Clam Chowder
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams, with juices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until they are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute celery, onion, and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Add clams and their juices, parsley, thyme, marjoram, dill, liquid smoke, and potatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream and milk.
- Bring to a simmer; do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!