Spaceship Aka New Taco Bell Crunchwrap
Well, I saw a new Taco Bell commercial that was advertising the new Crunchwrap Supreme. I thought it looked good, but I'm sure I can cook better than they can ;) So here goes. I don't know how much like theirs this is, but mine is definitely yummy. They look like little spaceships to me while I was making them so they were renamed. I believe Taco Bell uses nacho cheese sauce instead of shredded cheese. This recipe has passed the kid test.
- Ready In:
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown the ground turkey in heated olive oil. Follow directions on taco seasoning package to season meat (usually about 3/4 cup of water and package of seasoning).
- Place corn tortillas in oven on broil to make crisp. You will have to watch them carefully and make sure to turn them over once so that they are crispy all the way through.
- Lay all of the flour tortillas out flat and divide the meat mixture among them evenly. Make sure to get the meat in the CENTER of the tortillas.
- Place a corn tortilla on top of seasoned meat.
- Place lettuce, tomato, and cheese on top. Carefully fold flour tortilla up around the corn tortilla.
- Place each spaceship on a grill just to brown the flour tortilla.
- You should flip and grill the other side if the flour tortilla overlaps in the center. If not, place in a saucer with the grilled side up. Place in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- (You can serve sour cream on top or even inside the wrap. Your choice. You can also use beef instead of turkey.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These came out AWESOME! I added a few ingredients to mine and cut a few corners. Like instead of baking corn tortillas, I jus broke hard shell tacos in half to cut time although it's a pretty quick dish to make. I also used both shredded and can cheddar cheese for extra cheesiness. And to help hold the folds together I put a Lauer of refried beans on top of the crunchy taco she'll before folding the flour tortilla. Held like a charm and gave it added flavor. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS RECIPE. Will be making this a regular meal for my family. Delicious !1Reply