Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme
Whoa, crunchy, crispy Dorito Loco Shells, in the comfort of your own home you say..It’s true...Taco Bell can now be yours. Harness the power. Go Loco. Be Supreme.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 2mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups $notetemplate1$ for taco meat
- 1 (6 ounce) can cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) box Taco Bell home originals taco dinner kit
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg, purchased as Accent flavor enhancer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Make Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, reserve 2 1/2 cups, set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F Place two baking racks over rimmed baking sheets; spray generously with cooking spray. Using aluminum foil, roll 12 1/2- inch balls. Stir together melted butter and sugar until well combined.Remove “cheese powder” packets from macaroni and cheese boxes. Save pasta for a later date. Remove “taco seasoning mix” packet from Taco Dinner kit, set kit aside for later.
- In a shallow rimmed dish, stir together both packets of “cheese powder”, “taco seasoning mix”, paprika, salt, Accent, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- On prepared baking sheets, arrange taco shells, (12) spacing out evenly. Working one at a time, holding the shell from the inside, brush both both sides with butter mixture. Dip buttered shell into cheese powder mix on both sides, pressing gently to adhere. Spray both sides of dipped shell with cooking spray and place back on baking rack. Repeat with remaining shells.
- Fit prepared aluminum foil balls into the “mouths” of the taco shells; this will help keep the shells in shape while they bake. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until shells are warmed. Allow to cool on racks fully, remove foil balls.
- Dividing evenly, Fill Copycat Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme Shells with Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation