Southern Style Spinach
photo by CookingFan654
- Ready In:
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess juice.
- Fry bacon till crisp, remove and reserve 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapenos in bacon drippings, just until onions are translucent.
- Add vinegar and brown sugar and stir until disolved.
- Add spinach and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on crumbled bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a retired USAF pilot (32 years), now as a Systems Engineer, I'm 10 years into a second career with an engineering firm, supporting the military. I love to hunt, fish, camp, hike and, of course--cook. I collect cook books and recipes from all kinds of sources. I was so glad to find this web site to help me organize my favorite recipes, and find new ones. My favorite cooking style is BBQ/Smoking. I also love to cook elaborate meals for family and friends. Having lived overseas for many years, I've picked up a lot of recipes for German, French, Italian, Thai, and Greek dishes.</p>