Southern Rice With Bacon Flavored Gravy
A wonderful rice and gravy without making gravy. The starch in the rice binds with the bacon grease to make rice & gravy in one pot.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve grease)
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- Put all ingredients (except crumbled bacon)in a pot and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat to medium so that the rice boils fairly fast.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes till the water cooks out enough that the rice just starts to stick.
- Add crumbled bacon and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION