Easy Burgers With Rice & Gravy
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- cooking spray
- seasoned pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Form the ground chuck into small patties, about 4 oz. each.
- Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray, season the skillet with seasoned pepper. Place over high heat until very hot.
- Add patties, sear briefly on each side until crusty, app. 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from heat, and gently place patties onto paper towels to drain. Pour off any remaining fat from skillet, but do not wipe. Return meat to skillet, and pour the gravy over all.
- Cover skillet, place over medium-low heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good and easy to make. I added a bunch of seasoning to the ground chuck and "doctored" up the beef gravy a bit adding seasoning and mushrooms. I also used brown rice as that is what I buy. Made for a good quick dinner. I also liked this because it is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. My kids ate this up.
Wonderful home cooking. Talk about your comfort food. It lives up to it's name of easy. It's a snap to get this started and then leave it on a slow simmer to finish. I gave it 15 mins and the burger was very well done in that time. The only thing I did differently was to mix some seasoned pepper into the meat instead of putting it in the pan. DH simply loves it.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've been a member since 2007, when I stumbled across RecipeZaar while surfing recipes. I've been hooked ever since!</p> 111463070"