Southern Chocolate Pie
photo by sweetcakes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat, stirring until blended. Remove from heat.
- Gradually blend in milk.
- In a seperate bowl mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt thoroughly. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine coconut and pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake in moderate oven (375*) until top puffs and begins to crack-about 50 minutes. (Center of pie should be soft.).
- Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!