SOUR CREAM DINNER ROLLS
photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 600 g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 200 ml sour cream
- 100 ml canola oil
- 200 ml milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- lightly grease 2 x 12 hole muffin tins.
- in a jug, mix the warm milk, sugar and yeast. put aside.
- in a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. stir in the oil and sour cream.
- add the yeast mix to the flour mix and stir to combine.
- tip onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.
- heat oven to 190 Celsius.
- divide the dough into 72 x 15 gram pieces and roll each piece into balls.
- place 3 balls into each muffin hole. cover trays with a teatowel and place in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- brush each roll with the beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden.
- serve warm.
- NOTE: if you don't want to spend time rolling all the balls, just make 24 balls and place them in the muffin tins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.