Sour Cream Biscuits
photo by mrswwilson
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 450.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in crisco until small crumbs form.
- Add sour cream and stir only until entire mixture is moistened.
- Turn onto floured surface, grease hands, and knead about 10 times.
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheet in 1 1/2 inch diameter, 3/4 inch thick mounds.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This morning I wanted biscuits and watermelon rind preserves with coffee for breakfast. The only thing I didn't have was milk or buttermilk. I prefer buttermilk biscuits, but only had sour cream. What a pleasant surprise I had when I took my first bite! These are light and tasty. I made a full recipe, but I split the dough in half and added shredded cheese, chives, garlic, and parsley to half and left the other half as written. I roughly hand molded the cheesy biscuits, but dropped the other half of the dough in mounds. I like my breads, this recipe included.
These were delicious! The dough was a bit soft at first and while I got my pan ready, it "firmed" up. They could have actually been rolled and cut out if I had the time. I was in a hurry, so just scooped out mounds of dough and patted it into small biscuits. We had them with sausage gravy and they were so good! Denise, thanks for the recipe! I'm not crazy for Bisquick anyway, so was really happy to find this!
see 3 more reviews