Snow Creams With Red Raspberry Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wonderful dessert that makes people think you have worked all day. Makes a great Christmas dish - very festive with fresh raspberries. Recipe from an old newspaper clipping that a friend's mother has made for many years.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Red Raspberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 3 tablespoons orange juice or 3 tablespoons red wine
- Sprinkle gelatin over the 1/3 cup water in a small cup; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Pour 2 cups cream into small heavy saucepan. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat; add gelatin; stir to dissolve. Stir in 1-1/3 cups sugar. Transfer to medium-size bowl. Cool.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese and vanilla to cooled cream mixture; beat until smooth. Pour into a service bowl or 12 individual dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Prepare Red Raspberry Sauce: Place raspberries in blender. Combine cornstarch with 2/3 cup water in small bowl. Stir in the sugar. Add to blender. Whirl until puréed. Strain into small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constrantly, until slightly thickened. Add liqueur (or red wine or orange juice). Chill.
- To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon of the Red Raspberry sauce over each serving.
- Prep time includes cooling.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION