Smoked Salmon Omelet With Red Onions and Capers
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese, whipped
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a 8-inch diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 3/4 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook until eggs are softly set, stirring often and lifting edge of eggs to allow uncooked portion to run under, covering skillet if necessary to help set the top.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon on half of the omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon capers.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cream cheese.
- Fold omelet in half and slid out onto plate.
- Repeat with ingredients to make 3 more omelets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled back for 1 but only used 2 eggs and oh it was so good just loved the saltiness from the capers and the salmon with the sweetness from the eschalot onion and that creamy smooth cream cheese wrapped in fluffy egg to make a decadent omelet, thank you lazyme for a great breakfast, made for Went To Market.
This was so good. I scaled it down for one and after I ate it, I wanted another one. Love smoked salmon, red onions, capers and cream cheese, it was just perfect. Certainly called out my name...long and hard. This was so quick and easy to put together. I will be enjoying this decadent treat often. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe Lazyme. :)
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"