Skillet Spanish Rice With Cornbread Topping
photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Mix Rice Mix, water, tomatoes, corn and green chiles in large nonstick skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Stir in jalapeno peppers. Spread batter evenly over rice mixture. Cover. Cook 15 minutes longer on low heat or until corn bread is cooked through and rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!