- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin and fat removed (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (12 ounces)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-16 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- chopped fresh parsley and grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with salt. Cook chicken until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl.
- 2. To drippings in skillet, add onion, carrots, and celery, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lighly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Return chicken thighs to skillet. Stir in stewed tomatoes; eat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife, about 25 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and grated lemon peel, if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!