Simple Sausage Strata
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This layered sausage casserole is great to make for company or on holiday mornings. My family just loves it. The prep time does not include the time for chilling overnight.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 6 slices bread, cubed (I like French bread)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- cayenne pepper, pinch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown sausage in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly cooked; drain and set aside.
- Layer bread cubes, sausage and cheese in a lightly greased 7x11-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, dry mustard, cayenne, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION