Shrimp in Buttery Garlic Sauce
Yuuummmm.....shrimps in a flavorful buttery garlic sauce. What could be better. Perfect over hot pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil, virgin
- 1⁄4 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, large
- 1 red pepper, medium, diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, jumbo, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, garnish
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan, over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, red pepper & shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turns pink.
- Increase the heat to high and add the lemon juice, sherry, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and serve over hot pasta, garnish with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
OMG!!! Fantastic recipe, so quick and flavorful!! Other then cutting the recipe down to serve one and using one of my orange bell pepper snackers from my garden, I followed as written. I served mine with some garlic toast and salad. I made this for my lunch on the day that Tropical Storm Colin visited us here in FL, so no photos. Thanks for sharing another great recipe BK!!!
I'm sad to say the more we ate these shrimp the less we liked them. I didn't find them very buttery or garlic flavored. Instead I thought the combination of the sherry and lemon juice was too dominate and gave the red peppers and almost pickley taste which we didn't care for. Made for Best of 2013 Tag
Delicious pairing of flavors, I particularly liked the bright green and red afforded by the sweet red bell pepper and the parsley. As life would have it, just after procuring the shrimp, DH and I gave in to hunger pangs and ate a snack that became dinner. So when we came home, I fixed a mini version of this as our "snack," served over a little bit of rice. I can't wait until late next week when I get to make this full scale over gourmet linguini! Made for Best of 2013, based on I'mPat's recommendation.