Shrimp and Grits
photo by JlyJamm
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, chive and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl and top with shrimp mixture serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Perfect Foodie...I love to love food. I am the owner and operator of a flourishing catering business called WOTT (what's on the table).