Shanghai Chicken and Noodles
photo by SusieQusie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 16 ounces stir fry vegetables (fresh in the produce section) or 16 ounces chop suey vegetables (fresh in the produce section)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- Cook fettuccine according to the directions on the box. Drain well and set aside.
- While fettuccine is cooking spray a nonstick wok or 12 inch skillet with cooking spray. Over medium high heat cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown stirring often. Stir in the vegetables and mushrooms cooking for approximately 3 minutes or until tender crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir the hoisin sauce into the chicken mixture and heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Add well drained fettuccine and toss well until coated and heated through. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After a little tweaking to bolster up the flavor, this was a first class dinner in under 15 minutes. I added lots of garlic while sauteing the other veggies, stirred in some minced cilantro and generously sprinkled on red pepper flakes. My mushrooms did not give up very much liquid so a few dollops of hot pasta water were needed to get a respectable amount of sauce. I halved the recipe, more or less, and the 2 of us polished it all off. Thanks for posting this keeper of a recipe!
Yum! This was quick, easy and delicious. I used recipe#92803 instead of store-bought. I put the chicken and vegetables on top of the noodles, then added a small handful of diced scallions and a drizzle of sesame oil. Delicious! This was mild, just the way my small children like it. For my own portion, I added a bit of red chili flakes. Thanks for the awesome busy-night meal, Lauralie41!