Seafood Thai Curry
One of our favorite regular dishes. This authentic Thai red curry has an exotic flavor. It is probably going to be very spicy for most people.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mixed seafood
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 red chilies
- 7 ounces thick coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemongrass
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces red curry paste
- Fry mixed seafood until 90% cooked.
- Meanwhile, fry shrimps in another saucepan until 90% cooked.
- Season all seafood with salt.
- Mince and mash the ginger.
- Warm curry paste and pour in coconut milk.
- Cook sauce with seafood, shrimp.
- Add all seasoning and spices and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with rice or make dessert.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
DH and I made this seafood curry for dinner last night as I was looking to use up a bag of mixed seafood that I bought at Trader Joe's. We both thought the curry was excellent, with a nice balance of sweet and spicy. I halved the amount of curry paste to 2 oz and I used coconut cream, as that is what I had on hand (though next time I will use coconut milk). All other ingredient proportions we kept the same. I'm copying the recipe down as we would have it again. We served it over jasmine rice. Thanks for a nice dinner.Reply