Savoy Cabbage Soup
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 medium maui onions (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb celeriac (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons summer savory (Chopped and split)
- 2 tablespoons French thyme (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (Chopped and split)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup white wine (Bryara Portuguese)
- 8 cups homemade vegetable stock (fortified)
- 2 medium russet potatoes (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb rutabaga (Peeled and Chopped)
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans (Blue Lake,Trimmed)
- 4 roma tomatoes (Chopped)
- 2 lbs savoy cabbage (Core removed and Sliced Thin)
- 8 cups Baby Spinach (Washed)
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil and bay leaves.
- Add onions, carrots, celeriac root, garlic, 1-tablespoon summer savory, fresh thyme, 1/4-cup cilantro, sea salt, black pepper and sweat vegetable 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add white Bryra wine and reduce by half.
- Add vegetable stock, potatoes, rutabagas, green beans, tomatoes and savoy cabbage. Stir the soup, do not cover.
- Bring the soup to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 20-minutes.
- Add remaining summer savoy, cilantro and stir the soup. Season soup with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Place soup in warm bowls adding 1-cup fresh baby spinach and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!