Savory Biscuit Bites
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- In a bowl, combine butter, cheese, onion and parsley.
- Cut bisuits in quarters; roll in butter mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan; let stand for 25 minute
- Bake at 400 degree oven for 8 minute or until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were quick to make and popular with the kids. I didn't have parsley flakes on hand so subbed a mixture of garlic powder, oregano and thyme. I was also a bit concerned about a tablespoon of dried onion and cut it back to a teaspoon, which was plenty. I used two small (7.5 oz) tubes of biscuits so also upped the mixture quantity by just a bit, holding the proportions the same. It was a wee bit tedious rolling the biscuit quarters so I ended up cutting them into the baking pan, pouring the butter/cheese sauce over, and mixing well. We served them with vegetable soup - some of the kids ate them on the side and some of them floated them like dumplings on the soup. :o) I love the quick fix-up for a budget item; it definitely kicked the lowly biscuit up a notch. Thanks so much for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.