Sauteed Beets With Carrot Medallions
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 1 large beet, peeled and julienned
- 1 -2 carrot, scrubbed and cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon plum, sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 slice candied ginger, diced
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Blanche the beets and carrots for a few minutes until tender crisp.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a ramekin.
- Heat half of the sauce and the beets in a pan, saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove beets from pan and keep warm.
- Heat carrots and remaining sauce in pan, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beets, stir-fry until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!