Sausage & Sauerkraut
photo by barefootmommawv
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed & drained
- 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 in chunks
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, sseeds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add sauerkraut, sausage, potatoes, apple juice& apple.
- Combine brown sugar, flour& carway, stir into saucepan.
- Simmer for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My DH & i moved closer to where he works, next door to his parents so we are there to help them when they get older. I like to cook experiment with foods, so i will have more time for this. I really do like this site & the support we get from friends we do not know.