MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These muffins are a great way to start off your day! Six ingredients give these muffins big flavor with little work. Originally from a November 2006 issue of Southern Living.Liven these up by using the spicey version of pork sausage.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package pork sausage, ground
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well and cool.( I like to drain it in a colander and run hot water over it to degrease it more).
- Combine sausage,baking mix,green onions and shredded cheese in a large bowl, make a well in the center of mixture.
- Stir together the soup and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling to top of cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Something was wrong. The mix came out very soupy and never cooked completely even though I cooked them for over half an hour. It was like there was too much water or something. I've fixed a recipe similar to this from Southern Living and it turned out great. I thought this was the recipe. I will try again another time and see what happens. Maybe it was chef error.Reply